Osteowellness Medicine (OWM) Yoga
Osteopathic Wellness Medicine of Western New York in collaboration with Yoga Parkside is proud to offer an exclusive and truly unique yoga experience in its new downtown Buffalo location. This studio is part of a comprehensive wellness center that also offers sports medicine, regenerative, nutritional, and fitness solutions in a spa-like environment.
All listed classes are now running!
View our updated calendar and sign up now!
You can also view our flyer of classes.
Become our Promotional Partner!
Help us grow and introduce our amazing services to your community, friends and coworkers. If you get three or more of your friends to join you in one of our yoga classes, we will reward you with a $20 and your friends with a $10 discount card on any services offered by Osteopathic Wellness Medicine Center. Contact us by phone at 716 626-6301 or at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in becoming our Promotional Partner.
About registration and singing up for our yoga and fitness classes:
Please note that to sign up for a class, you must first register through our website and create a personal account. Once you register, you will get an email inviting you to complete your profile. By opening the invitation email on your smart phone, you will be able to save Osteopathic Wellness Serivices as an App on your home screen and access class registration, sign in, and calendar options quickly and easily through your phone.
When Signing up for Flex Pass Program:
Select Flex Drop In option. Choose “Sign Up”. Once you have gone through registration and payment for the Flex Pass, go back to “My Profile” and select “Reserve Class Times”. Your flex pass gives you 12 classes to use for the entire month. This does not include “Intro to Yoga Wall” on Monday nights or workshops.
About access to our downtown location:
The yoga studio is located on the first floor, with easy street side access. It is in the parking ramp section of the new Delaware North building on the corner of Chippewa and Elmwood. Street parking is easily available on Elmwood Avenue and other near by streets. It is free before 8 and after 5 O’Clock. There is parking available in the ramp of the building that is accessible through the Chippewa street entrance.
The parking ramp fees are $2 for the first hour and $1 for every half an hour after.
About the studio:
Esthetics and function come together perfectly in this beautiful and truly restorative yoga sanctuary. The floor was designed to absorb shock making rolling and jumping much more comfortable. The spring of the floor reduces pressure on the joints making standing postures easier on the knee and hip and prone postures easier on the wrists.
Three walls of the space are lined with the Great Yoga Wall suspension system that allows for support of the body in a variety of positions from inversions to upright postures. This unique system serves both beginners and advanced practitioners well. The belts and slings reduce the weight of the body.
This creates a multitude of benefits:
- Reduced weight on joints
- Greater body awareness
- Longer time in one posture for better balance and core building
- Building a better, deeper, and more effective yoga practice
- Mobilization of particularly restricted areas such as tight shoulders, hips, or hamstrings.
- Inversions for restoration and rejuvenation of the body and mind
- Yoga is a practice that is more than 5000 years old.
- It can be practiced well into the late years, truly an exercise practice for life!
- The word yoga means, “to join or yoke together.”
- The practice of yoga as a therapy joins the mind and body into harmony to improve health and the sense of well-being. Yoga therapy is based on 5 principles: proper relaxation, proper exercise, proper breathing, proper diet, and meditation.
- It has been shown to improve muscle strength, balance, and bone density, and reduce pain and stress.
- It helps fight off depression and anxiety.