PRP for Hair Growth and Enhancement
PRP for Hair Growth and Enhancement for your hair treatment.
PRP (Platelet-Rich Plasma) for Hair Growth and Enhancemen
PRP for Hair Growth
Millions of men and women suffer from hair thinning and hair loss. The most common cause of hair loss, androgenic alopecia (AGA), is due to changes inhormones levels that are believed to affect blood supply to the hair follicles.
PRP or platelet rich plasma is a component of blood that is obtained from the person undergoing treatment. PRP is injected into the scalp areas of thinning and space hair.
PRP contains growth factors and components that signal activation and attraction of stem cells to the site of injection. These then in turn work at the growth portion of the hair follicle called the bulge area to stimulate new hair growth.
Candidates for procedure:
- Women with thinning hair and patchy hair loss of scalp and eyebrows from hormone imbalance, medications or stress.
- Men with male pattern boldness and bare beard areas.
- Cost varies depending of amount of hair loss present.
PRP BeforeAfter 1st InjectionAfter 2nd (3 month interval)
What is PRP and how does it work?
- PRP or platelet rich plasma is a component of blood that is obtained from
the person undergoing treatment. PRP is injected into the scalp areas of thinning and space hair.
- PRP contains growth factors and components that signal activation and
attraction of stem cells to the site of injection. These then in turn work at the growth portion of the hair follicle called the bulge area to stimulate new hair growth.
- Main growth factors (GFs) involved in androgenetic alopecia are platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF), transforming growth factor (TGF),vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and insulin-like growth factor (IGF) with their isoforms.[9-12] GFs appear to act in the bulge area of the follicle, where they bind to their respective receptors located in stem cells. In the bulge area, primitive stem cells of ectodermal origin are found, giving origin to epidermal cells andsebaceous glands.In matrix, germinative cells of mesenchymal origin are found at the dermal papilla (DP). Interactions between these two kind of cells as well as with binding growth factors (PDGF, TGF-b and VΕGF) activate the proliferative phase of the hair, giving rise to the future follicular unit.
- PRP has been shown to increase diameter and health of existing hair, prevent new hair from falling out and stimulate new hair growth.
What does the Procedure Involve?
- Blood is drawn from the individual undergoing treatment at the time of the visit.
- The sample is then placed into a special container and spun in a centrifuge that separates the blood into three layers, platelet poor plasma, PRP and red blood cells.
- The red blood cells are discarded.
- PRP is then injected into the sparse hair regions of the scalp.
- Prior to the injection the scalp is numbed by a series of small injections that render this procedure essentially painless.
- Platelet poor plasma is then applied to the scalp to provide essential oils and nutrition that are found in this blood component.
What to expect:
- Hair follicles grow in crops and the timeline for visible results depends on whether the hair treated is thinning or absent.
- Individuals with thinning hair may see results in as little as several weeks to a month.
- When treating bare or sparse hair areas, it may take three months to see clear results.
- PRP regenerative properties last between three to six months and the benefit of each treatment stacks on top of the previous treatment. Hair production and thickness of existing hair is enhanced at an accelerated rate with repeated injections.
- Number of injections that may be needed vary from two to as many as six with most people obtaining satisfactory results after three injections.
How Does The Osteopathic Wellness Medicine PRP treatment is different from Other Centers?
Our comprehensive approach:
- The benefit from the procedure starts with the quality of the PRP. The higher the concentration of PRP the better the results. Our process isolates the highest amount of PRP available on the market through a special double spin process.
- The scalp is expertly numbed with a series of small Lidocaine injections that render the procedure essentially painless.
- Micro needling of the scalp is performed before PRP injection with injection essential oils and vitamins into the scalp. This loosens and moisturizes the scalp making more receptive for the PRP treatment. Microneedling also breaks up tough or scarred areas of scalp that would hinder hair growth.
- After the scalp PRP injection, individual’s platelet poor plasma that contains essential oils and nutrients is mixed with a solution of minerals and vitamins and worked into the scalp during a second round of microneedling.
- Blood work is obtained to rule out other causes of hair loss. Hormone, vitamin and mineral supplementation is prescribed to boost the hair growth response.
- Sleep and stress levels are assessed as stress has been implicated in hair loss and thinning. Meditation has been shown to be an extremely effective stress reduction tool. Free meditation classes to our clients are offered twice a month. Private and group mindfulness stress based reduction counseling is available.
- Our beautiful Yoga and fitness facilities offered classes for stress reduction and various levels of fitness.
- Gkini et al., 2014; Study of PRP Injections in the Treatment of Androgenetic Alopecia.pdf
- Kang et al., 2012; PRP Injection improves every measure of Hair Loss.pdf
- Khatu, et al, 2014, PRP for hair loss.
- Trink et al., 2013; Randomized, Double-Blind Half-Head Study to Evaluate the Effects of PRP on Alopecia Areata.pdf